Going out of business signs are usually associated with anxiety, disappointment, and tough times. However, some clever business owners have decided to turn the situation around and use humor to make light of their situation. Here are ten hilarious going out of business signs that will make you LOL.
1. “I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks” – This sign was spotted in front of a clothing store in New York and highlights the difference between wanting a job and doing it for the money. It’s a witty take on a serious situation.
2. “Bye Felicia” – This sign was seen in front of a beauty salon in Los Angeles and refers to a popular phrase used to bid farewell to someone you don’t like. It’s a fun and funky way to let customers know the salon is closing.
3. “Space for rent, formerly a gift shop…that nobody gifted from” – This sign was spotted in front of a gift shop in Atlanta and pokes fun at the fact that no one was buying anything from the store. It’s a lighthearted approach to a difficult situation.
4. “We’re out of business, but not out of beer” – This sign was seen outside a bar in Chicago and makes light of the fact that the establishment is closing down. It’s a funny way to remind customers to come and enjoy a final drink.
5. “This is not a drill, we’re closing” – This sign was seen in front of a hardware store in Houston and uses a bit of humor to let customers know they are serious about closing. It’s a playful way to say goodbye to their loyal customers.
6. “Nobody shops here anymore, we’re all out of paper bags” – This sign was spotted outside a convenience store in Seattle and ties in the fact that the store is out of bags, but also that no one shops there. It’s a clever way to inject humor into a difficult situation.
7. “We’re closing because we’ve sold everything except the kitchen sink…and the kitchen sink is for sale!” – This sign was seen in front of a furniture store in San Francisco and takes a playful approach to the fact that they’ve sold almost everything in the store. It’s a witty way to announce their final sale.
8. “Thanks for being with us through thick and thin, especially the thin” – This sign was spotted in front of a gym in Boston and uses humor to thank their loyal customers. It’s a funny way to acknowledge the ups and downs of the business.
9. “Don’t cry for us, Argentina” – This sign was seen outside a toy store in Miami and makes a reference to the famous song from the musical Evita. It’s a clever way to say goodbye to their customers.
10. “Closed for business, open for lunch” – This sign was seen in front of a restaurant in Nashville and uses humor to let customers know that while the restaurant is closed, they can still come for lunch. It’s a witty way to capitalize on their remaining time in business.
In conclusion, while going out of business can be a difficult and depressing time for business owners, some have decided to use humor to add a little levity to the situation. These ten hilarious going out of business signs prove that even in tough times, laughter can be the best medicine.