New Zealand is a land of stunning natural beauty and diverse culture. The country offers a lot of exciting experiences for visitors. One of the unique experiences tourists can have in New Zealand is seeing the beautiful neon signs. These signs add up to the modern charm of the country and identify some of the best places to visit. Here are ten of the must-see neon signs in New Zealand.
1. The Civic Theater, Auckland: The Civic Theater is an iconic theater in Auckland, and its neon sign is one of the most recognizable symbols in the city. The sign has a blend of art deco and Māori symbolism that makes it stand out.
2. The Tiki Bar, Dunedin: If you’re looking for a vintage-style bar with a neon sign, then the Tiki Bar in Dunedin is the place to visit. You can grab a drink, take a selfie with the stunning neon sign, and enjoy the cool atmosphere.
3. Wellington Airport: Wellington Airport is the gateway to New Zealand’s capital city. The airport’s neon sign made of O and K represents the initials of the city’s name, making it a perfect photo-spots for any tourist coming into the city.
4. The George, Christchurch: The George hotel in Christchurch has a vibrant neon sign featuring a sunset, palm trees, and a surfboard. It’s a perfect combination that showcases the city’s coastal vibe and beauty.
5. The Chamois Bar and Grill, Queenstown: Located in Queenstown, the Chamois Bar and Grill has a neon sign that is hard to miss. It’s a large neon Mountain goat that creates a fun atmosphere for visitors to enjoy.
6. The Roxy Cinema, Miramar: The Roxy Cinema in Miramar has a fantastic neon sign that greets moviegoers. The sign has been designed to evoke a feeling of glamour and the 1930’s era of Hollywood filmmaking.
7. Burger Burger, Auckland: Burger Burger is a popular burger chain with several branches across Auckland. Their neon sign features an old-school burger design. It is perfect for those who crave a juicy burger and want to brighten their Instagram profile.
8. The Golden Mile, Wellington: The Golden Mile is a famous retail district in Wellington. The neon signs in this area are enchanting and one of the best places to catch some beautiful photographs at night.
9. The Living Room, Taupo: The Living Room in Taupo is famous for its delicious pizza. Still, the neon sign is another attraction that draws people’s attention. The sign has been designed with a retro-style handwriting that brings a warm glow to the area.
10. K Road, Auckland: K Road is a hipster haven, and its neon signs represent the area’s vibrant youth culture. It’s a place where you can find some of the trendiest bars, restaurants, and cafes in the city.
In conclusion, New Zealand is a country with diverse culture, and the neon signs in the country represent the different forms of art and vision that define the country. These ten must-see neon signs are essential for any tourist visiting the country and are perfect for capturing some unforgettable memories.