When it comes to illuminated signs, color is key. The right shade can make your message pop and draw in potential customers, while the wrong one can fade into the background or even be hard to read. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 colors that will help your sign shine brighter and stand out from the crowd:
1. Red: A classic choice for attention-grabbing signage, red is associated with excitement, passion, and urgency. It’s the perfect color for sales or promotions, as it can create a sense of urgency and encourage people to act quickly.
2. Yellow: Another high-impact hue, yellow conveys optimism, energy, and joy. It’s a great choice for summer-themed signs, as well as retail or food-related messages. Yellow is easy to see from a distance and catches the eye quickly.
3. Orange: A mix of red’s energy and yellow’s warmth, orange is a fun and playful choice for illuminated signs. It’s often used in food and hospitality industries, as it can create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
4. White: Although not technically a color, white is a key element of many illuminated signs. It’s clean, crisp, and easy to read, making it a great choice for logos, slogans, and other text-heavy messages.
5. Blue: A calming and reassuring color, blue is often used in medical and dental signage. It’s also a popular choice for corporate logos and high-end branding, as it conveys professionalism and trustworthiness.
6. Green: Associated with growth, health, and nature, green is a versatile choice for illuminated signs. It’s often used in the wellness industry, as well as in outdoor-centric businesses like landscaping and gardening.
7. Pink: A playful and feminine color, pink is often used in beauty and fashion signage. It can create a sense of luxury and indulgence, as well as capture attention with its boldness.
8. Purple: A color of royalty and sophistication, purple can add a touch of elegance to illuminated signs. It’s often used in upscale retail and hospitality settings, as well as in nonprofit and charitable organizations.
9. Black: Although not a color, black is an important element of many illuminated signs. It creates a sense of sleekness and sophistication, and is often used in upscale branding and advertising.
10. Neon: While not technically a color, neon is an attention-grabbing lighting choice for illuminated signs. It can come in a variety of hues, but is most commonly seen in bright pink, green, and blue. Neon is often used in nightlife settings like bars and clubs, as well as in advertising for youth-oriented brands.
No matter what industry you’re in, the right color choice can make all the difference in your illuminated signage. Consider the tone of your brand and message, as well as the emotions you want to evoke in your audience, and choose a color that shines brighter than the rest.